Share |

Related term: Travel

  • Staff on four weeks annual leave may be holding their breath to see if their employers extend their holidays to five weeks next year.Legislation makes four weeks leave mandatory from April.They are probably in for a disappointment as 62 per cent of 1100 businesses surveyed last month by the Employers and Manufacturers Association, Northern (EMA) don’t plan to extend annual holidays entitlements. The news is better for the 14 per cent working for employers planning to rachet up annual leave to five weeks.
    Article - 2007-10-18 09:34
  • An online service for booking last minute accommodation has been developed in Auckland – called ShortRates.com.Creator and co-owner, Patrick Dyzell, says the main difference with other last minute booking services such as Australian-owned wotif.com, is his system asks for a 10 per cent deposit up front, not the full accommodation fee.Guests pay the other 90 per cent of their accommodation cost direct to the proprietor after their stay. Accommodation providers don’t get paid till some time later, in other systems.
    Article - 2007-10-18 09:34
  • Article - 2007-10-18 09:34
  • South Auckland hotel, Jet Inn, has occupancy rates so constantly high it is building more facilities.General manager, Gary Kenny, says the expansion will cover the remaining 4ha of grassland next door that the hotel owns. It starts with a complete re-branding, including a name change that becomes official from January 1.The four-star hotel on George Bolt Memorial Dr (the airport access motorway), becomes the ‘Jet Park airport hotel and conference centre’.
    Article - 2007-10-18 09:35
  • People who are keen to support road safety and ensure young people learn to be responsible, competent drivers right from the start of their driving days, are invited to support the Young Driver Programme NZ and the Road and Traffic Education Centre at Ardmore Airport.
    Article - 2007-10-18 09:35
  • Local moteliers Pat and Bernie Taylor of the Grange Lodge Motel in Manukau have taken home so many awards they’ve been asked to stop entering to give others a chance.
    Article - 2007-10-18 09:35
  • She may be one of the oldest ladies in her class but she still retains her good looks and glamour. A frequent visitor to our shores and the property of Holland America Line, ms Statendam is the stuff dreams are made of. One of 14 luxury cruise ships in the fleet, from October to March Statendam sets a course to and from Sydney, Melbourne, Tasmania and eight New Zealand ports of call that include Milford Sound and Fiordland National Park, much of which cannot normally be seen by land.
    Article - 2008-03-07 09:41
  • A new law on June 26 lifts the fine for parking in a disabled car park from $40 to $150. New Zealand Parking Association chairman Colin Waite said some motorists looking for an easy park had been cheating for too long and he hoped the new law would act as a deterrent. Last year, a hotline was set up in New South Wales to report people suspected of abusing the disability parking scheme. Their parking officers found when it rains there are less disabled spaces bays free in supermarket car parks.
    Article - 2008-06-30 10:00
  • 17 November 2008 Air New Zealand announced today that it will disestablish up to 200 full-time jobs. Chief Executive Officer, Rob Fyfe, said the areas affected are long haul cabin crew, recruitment, airline operations and technical operations planning and management. Mr Fyfe said the airline has been reducing capacity to match customer demand over the past few months and as a result has been reviewing staffing levels.
    Article - 2008-11-19 15:36
  • 05 December 2008 New Zealand data warehousing and business intelligence consultancy WhereScape has hired Dave Thompson as its new general manager.   Thompson has been working with entrepreneurs at The ICEHOUSE business incubator for more than a year and also operates as a New Zealand trainer for negotiating skills consultancy Scotwork. Before joining WhereScape he co-founded and worked as a director of IT services company nth degree.
    Article - 2008-12-05 09:51